Friday, January 27, 2017

Round 3 of Fast Metabolism Diet - Last week - Round up

So I documented my journey of round 1 and round 2 of fast metabolism diet; i captured what I ate every day. I must say it was a family wedding and though I didnt reach the size I wanted to be(how much is anyways possible and healthy in 2 months; I was pretty happy with the results. I did lose around 8 pounds which has never happened in last 5 years!

Then there was a break and I indulged in all Indian sweets and delicacies(do not regret even a single bite of those); the new year though started in a funk with me back to 146 pounds. Second week of Jan I decided to start FMD again. This is my third week into the diet. This time around I have not been capturing the details in blog; which is a bummer as nothing keeps you more accountable than writing what you ate.

So yes I have not been super diligent about my diet this time around. I will finish week 4 on Feb 4; will take a week or two off and do next round of FMD! But next time I am sure about -

1. Using Fast Metabolism Diet App to plan my meals; it is so convenient then why not use it to make things better. I actually got to know a mistake I have been making in Phase 3, I thought grains are a part of Phase 3 lunch; but guess what they are not! Helpful app!!

2. Using blog to capture what I actually ate; kind of different between what I planned and what I ate; I will also track what I felt different that day and what was most rewarding and challenging about the diet that day. Also I capture the exercise I did that day.

3. Need to read the book again and also refer to the cookbook again; need to find some more recipes for phases; kind of bored of the one's I have been eating.

4. Meal prepping - I know this can save my life and make things so much easier for me; but I confess I still lack at this. Sometimes I think what is the point of doing a half ass attempt on the diet but then I cave in to some temptations thinking if this little bit can help me get through the day without screwing everything then why not. Example Phase 2 this week, I had to put cracker pieces in my Broccoli and Soya Bean salad as there was no way I was able to eat it and I was hungry!! Well that half serving of crackers helped me get through day 3 and 4.

Any diet is a emotional ride; yesterday I was almost in tears as i ate one more piece of egg white; but at the end of the day it does make me feel so energetic and light that in the end it makes everything worth it. I am glad that I know about it; it is definitely easier now than it was when i did it first time back in 2013/2014.

My biggest take from this diet if not anything else is that eliminating Sugar and Caffeine from my diet does wonders for my energy and mood swings. I do not think I will ever go back to that crazy dessert eating maniac. Right now I do not crave sweets; but my craving for crackers and salty spicy food persists.

I will measure my weight tomorrow or Sunday morning, will report back!

No comments: