Thursday, September 29, 2016

Fast Metabolism Diet

So there is no start of this journey, I have been trying to lose weight for decades now. As a teenage I have been chubby, as a tween I have been chubby(ocassionally went litle more than chubby) and now in my thirties I am still chubby. Have I been complacent about it, sometimes yes but often I have been working hard towards getting a slimmer physique. Have you seen those collge going girls, which thin waist and thin arms; well I have never been THAT girl and I always wanted to be one.

Two years back I decided to stop putting myself into this torture of exercising, controlling my diet and then feeling miserable on no results; hence I continued working out and controlling my diet. To be frank life has become easier now; and it is not that my weight has gone up; it is still the same.

Last month or so I have been contemplating on doing the 'Fast Metabolism Diet'; well it is a phase based eating strategy; I am calling it strategy because you eat particular food groups in each phase for a particular function or motive. I would say it is a very interesting read, the book itself; but the Diet sounds very intimidating. It is 4 weeks of eat only on this list food and lots lots and again a lots of preparation. I think if you have not figured out your meals for the day, you might actually end up eating any crap that comes your way; so prep along!!

This blog post and the upcoming post are my way of keeping myself accountable and in lieu of that if I am able to help someone it would be great.

When I was looking for people who did this diet, I didn't find many results on blog world or YouTube especially whose who are vegetarians or vegan(I am a vegetarian who eats egg), so I thought my blog can help them in particular in terms of what choices to make.

This is the approach I took in terms of planning my week -
1. Got the blank meal plan. I think you can get it free from her website. For me I have the e-book version and blank meal map came as an attachment
2. In a spreadsheet, made note of the weeks I will be doing this diet
3. In the same spreadsheet made a note on the portion size of food for each phase(important)
4. In the same spreadsheet made three columns P1, P2 and P3 and under each column made sections Breakfast, Snack, Lunch and Dinner. From the cookbook(FMD has a cookbook) under each section I listed down the food I can eat. Selected easiest one for each meal for each phase 1
5. Went back to the meal plan and wrote those recipe name in the map.
6. Went through the recipes above and created my grocery list

I have not gone into the food list thing, because i thought that was over whelming for me; first i will try with easy recipes which are already there and then venture out and create my own meals. Just wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

No comments: